by Melanie Tonia Evans
This article goes in-depth with common narcissistic behaviors and expressions they use.
Here are some excerpts:
- ‘Me versus You’ mentality.
- ‘tit for tat’ retaliations;.
- Striving for the ‘spotlight’ and attention,
- Excessive generosity to outside people.
- Uncomfortable when others are incurring attention or praise.
- If can’t be centre of attention will either discredit or leave the experience.
- May fake illnesses or problems to procure attention / sympathy.
- Abusive verbal behaviour when angered or insecure.
- “I had them eating out of my hands.”
(Believes in manipulating others to create results.)
- “You didn’t let me finish what I was saying.”
(After verbally maiming and then pretending there was more to say.)
- “Just because I didn’t do what you wanted when you wanted it.”
(A justification for receptively breaking promises.)
- “Just because I didn’t say what you wanted to hear.”
(A justification for verbal abuse.)
- “You’re the only person who misunderstands what I say. You’re totally over-emotional.”
(Same as above.)
Read the full article here: Narcissistic Behaviors & Common Expressions